[Freecats-Dev] [Fwd: [oscar_public] FW: Invitation to OSCAR meeting on

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] [Fwd: [oscar_public] FW: Invitation to OSCAR meeting on March 6]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:32:28 +0100

Hi,

> Your name is on the LISA distribution e-mail list for
> persons with an active interest in the OSCAR SIG.
> You are hereby invited to attend the next OSCAR meeting
> on March 6 in Foster City, California.
> The meeting takes place at the venue of the LISA Global
> Strategies Summit which occurs March 3 - 6.

> For details and registration information on the summit:
> http://www.lisa.org/events/2003usa/

Thanks for your suggestion, even though I'm afraid I won't be able to participate (maybe another year, as I'd love to).

> Please let me know also your focus of interest.

I examined the above Web page and found, among the themes:
> What role do Open Standards-based systems play?

Well, if we are to speak about public good in the localization business, apart from running a small translation & localization company, I happen to be presently involved in a free computer-aided translation software project.
This project's Web page is hosted at:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/freecats/

So, I would very much appreciate if you could spread the word and/or help our small team to get in touch with potentially interested persons. That way, we might be able to reach a number of these persons, and possibly some of them will want to help, or might even provide most valuable contributions.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions. I'm CC'ing this email to our project's discussion list, which counts around 30 subscribers.

Many thanks in advance for your help and attention!

Kind regards,

Henri Chorand
Manager

Kemper DOC