[Freecats-Dev] On the API (cont.)

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: [Freecats-Dev] On the API (cont.)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:13:06 +0200

Hi all,

> > if the return code is an error, there should be a string with for
> > example "Disk full" or "This file name already used" or etc.
> >
> Indeed, since one of the functions of the API is glossary retrieval,
> obviously it makes sense for all the status messages to be
> represented in a language glossary.  Thus localization of the
> program is simply a matter of preparing and installing a new
> glossary.

Fine. Let's call it a message table.

Glossaries are one of the swampy areas where we intend to keep afloat -
within some time (probably after the first clients).

I realize that some messages will need return parameters (e.g. user / TM
server / TM name) even if these can be guessed, most of the time.

I guess the server could return a string using some delimiter instead of a
mere numerical value with a few sub-strings in it, the first one being the
error code, its second one the first parameter string returned (if used),
etc.

> Sorry I haven't had much of substance to contribute to the discussion
> yet; it's been One Of Those Weeks.

<Troll mode ON>
What? It's not finished yet !?
</Troll mode OFF>

Oh, BTW, please send me your Savannah login once you've got it, I'll
register you on the project page with admin rights, and you'll be able to
upload files once you begin coding.

You're a CVS expert, aren't you?

Cheers,

Henri