Re: [Freecats-Dev] Is there any Software Architect aboard?

From: Stanislav Visnovsky
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] Is there any Software Architect aboard?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:43:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Dan Urist wrote:

> Henri Chorand wrote:
>
> > In order to achieve convergence quickly, I hope you can publish your API,
> > and I'll be glad to see (for my own's sake) if it's close to my proposal. I
> > would not mind replacing my suggestions with something coming from a real
> > piece of code.
>
> I'm attaching the WSDL files for my server; if anyone wants to write a
> server with the same interface, be my guest. I've randomly chosen to run
>   the server on port 5280, since it's not in use on my development box.
> I've also broken out the services into separate TranslationMemory,
> TranslationGlossary and MachineTranslation pieces, even though they're
> served by the same server; that way they don't have to be.

OK. Do we really want to go SOAP/WSDL way??? I don't like it (SOAP is
definitelly going to be a new CORBA, but without efficiency of the binary
messages). But the approach is workable.  Here are some pointers for
python libs:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-pyth6/
http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/

WSDL library is a bit problem in python. The only one I've found so far is
ftp://www-126.ibm.com/pub/wsdl4py/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-pyth1.html
But maybe we don't need to worry about that ATM.

Dan, is your code available somewhere?

Stanislav