freecycle-users

Re: [Freecycle-users] Issue with 'Save as chunks'

From: Walco van Loon
Subject: Re: [Freecycle-users] Issue with 'Save as chunks'
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:55:35 +0200

Hi Predrag,

> I knew one day this solution will become a problem ..
> I completely agree with you. I think there was an issue with filenames
> greater
> than 8 character inside the .AKP, so I have decided to create a separate
> directory, which can be then uploaded to the sampler.
>
> The idea was really bad ...
>
> I'll try to correct this ASAP (on the 0.6alpha code)

Cool!

Just an idea, maybe you can use a naming scheme that expands the number
of digits needed based on the number of slices:

eg. for < 10 slices:

abcdefg0

< 100 slices:

abcdef00

BTW, The z48 program format doesn't have the length limitation, but it
is probably not widely supported (this is probably an
understatement ;-)).

Cheers,
Walco