freehoo-devel

[Freehoo-devel] Re: [Gnuyahoo-bugs] configure warning for gnuyahoo 1.0.

From: M.P.Anand Babu
Subject: [Freehoo-devel] Re: [Gnuyahoo-bugs] configure warning for gnuyahoo 1.0.1 under freebsd 4.5
Date: 25 Dec 2002 07:02:16 -0800

,---- Christoph Devenoges <address@hidden> writes:
| im trying to compile gnuyahoo 1.0.1 under freebsd 4.5.
`----
Cool, If you port gnuyahoo to freebsd this, I will offer you to get
into core team.

,----
| ./configure prints the following warning:
| creating cache ./config.cache
| checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
| checking whether build environment is sane... yes
| /tmp/Downloads/gnuyahoo-1.0.1/missing: Unknown `--run' option
| Try `/tmp/Downloads/gnuyahoo-1.0.1/missing --help' for more information
| configure: warning: `missing' script is too old or missing
`----

'missing' is a script bundled with automake usually. The 'missing'
script is probably not compatible with the freebsd version, which is
normal.

run these commands.
# cd gnuyahoo
# automake --add-missing -c
# autoreconf
# ./configure --prefix=/usr
# make
# make install

automake --add-missing option copies your BSD version of 'missing'
script into the right place.

,----
| what now? id be greatfull for any tips. im looking forward to hacking a
| SMS to ymessenger bridge with guile.
`----
gnuyahoo is the right choice. gnuyahoo can easily act as a sms bridge
server with just one guile extension. I can also write the sms bridge
extension or help you write one.

We are in transition to Savannah.gnu.org in the name of freehoo.
In about 2 weeks we will make the first release of freehoo. I will let
you know about that too. Stay in touch.

Best Regards.
--
 _.|_