freehoo-devel

Re: [Freehoo-devel] libyahoo2 0.7.6 released -- some changes needed for

From: Ray Van Dolson
Subject: Re: [Freehoo-devel] libyahoo2 0.7.6 released -- some changes needed for freehoo 3.5.1
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:48:38 -0700

> Hi Ray,
> I tried fix the protocol version before, it worked but contacts list was
> broken.
> I looked at bitlbee code.. it needed more work to integrate their code into
> freehoo. I am really happy to see libyahoo2 moving forward. If you are
> interested
> in freehoo project, I would like to add you to the team and give you CVS write
> access.

I am interested in freehoo in that I use it regularly and am also
maintaining it for Fedora and EPEL.  So I likely would be motivated to
contribute a patch here and there to address protocol breakages.
However, I likely wouldn't be contributing much in the way of new
features.  I'm happy to build, tag and sign releases, etc though, so
yeah, go ahead and add me.

> Does this freehoo patch require libyahoo2 compiled with
> --with-struct-callbacks?
> It didn't compile cleanly. I am looking into this.
>
> Freehoo no longer requires libyahoo2 to be compiled with struct-callbacks.
> For 0.7.6, I added new icon/ping functions of libyahoo2. It compiled cleanly
> and works.
> I have commited to CVS.

I'll test the latest CVS against my libyahoo2 RPM.  It looks like your
commits differed from my patch...

Thanks!
Ray

--
Ray Van Dolson <address@hidden>
GPG Fingerprint: 175B D779 4BC9 D5FF 5CC9  CE79 BCB4 0703 B51E 9F1A