freeon-users

[Freeon-users] Parameterizing Metalic Groups

From: Jack Shultz
Subject: [Freeon-users] Parameterizing Metalic Groups
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 16:44:34 -0500

Hello,

I am new to FreeOn. My collaborator and I are interested in developing a system for generating force field parameters for metalic groups. We are using a volunteer computing platform where users run a client that automatically installs and runs the software. So we need to use software with a license that is compatible with redistributing. Since FreeON is a QM with GPL, I thought I would look more closely at what it supports. A wiki page says it does not compute metalic systems, is that accurate?

FreeON performs Hartree-Fock, pure Density Functional, and hybrid HF/DFT calculations (eg B3LYP) in a Cartesian-Gaussian LCAO basis. All algorithms are O(N) or O(N lg N) for non-metallic systems
Has anyone used FreeON for deriving force field parameters?

--
Jack

http://drugdiscoveryathome.com
http://hydrogenathome.org