freeon-users

[Freeon-users] Git Version control and building

From: Jack Shultz
Subject: [Freeon-users] Git Version control and building
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 19:50:01 -0500

Is it necessary to use Git to get the most recent version? I don' see Git available in my RPM repositories. I tried finding a package but i required other dependencies. Is it possible to download using SVN instead?

Also I ended up download the file freeon-2010-01-14.tar.gz

Read the readme

If you checked out the sources from the git repository, then you will have to
build the configure script before you can configure and make the sources. This
step has to be done only once however. After subsequent updates from git through
"git pull" you will need to only make "make clean" and then "make" again.
In order to build the configure script run the script
./reconfigure.sh
address@hidden freeon-2010-01-14]$ ./reconfigure.sh
/usr/bin/autoreconf: unrecognized option `--no-recursive'
Try `/usr/bin/autoreconf --help' for more information.
I looked at the help but did not see a no-recursive option

so I took out no-recursive

address@hidden freeon-2010-01-14]$ ./reconfigure.sh
configure.ac:11: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_HEADER_ASSERT
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

--
Jack

http://drugdiscoveryathome.com
http://hydrogenathome.org