Re: Pooma 2 and GCC

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Re: Pooma 2 and GCC
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:34:31 -0800

    Dave> Anyway, the build of Pooma 2 failed to complete - actually
    Dave> failed on about the second or third translation unit.  Could
    >>  Right.  POOMA 2 is known not to compile with any released
    >> version of GCC -- and certainly not with the old versions of
    >> EGCS.

    Dave> Thanks Mark.  I had thought that Pooma 2 would compile with
    Dave> the versions of EGCS that you were working on and that your
    Dave> version of EGCS had been folded into the current GCC
    Dave> development tree.  Was the version of EGCS that I quoted to
    Dave> you pretty old?

There were intermediate points at which certain versions of EGCS would
compile certain versions of POOMA -- but never a released version of
EGCS and a released version of POOMA.

    >> The GCC 3.0 release will compile POOMA 2 -- but it is not yet
    >> available.

    Dave> Are you able to speculate on when GCC 3.0 will become
    Dave> available?

No -- this really isn't something I can control.  I can say when to
stop -- but I can't make volunteers volunteer.

    Dave> Also, are the new Pooma 2 mail aliases available yet?  I
    Dave> kept getting bounced email until I tried the support email
    Dave> address.

There was a typo on the board -- it's `pooma-dev' not `pooma-devl'.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell                   address@hidden