Fw: processing .fm materials

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Fw: processing .fm materials
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:52:46 -0800

Allan asks how we're supposed to deal with the FrameMaker files in the
doc directory.  That's a significant obstacle to open-source
acceptance; nobody can read FrameMaker files.

We can buy copies of FrameMaker, but they are expensive.

Does anyone know of a FrameMaker->HTML converter that works well?
Since we had sort-of decided to standardize on HTML, that would be a
reasonable choice.

Or, does anyone have a copy of FrameMaker that they could use to do
`Save As HTML' so that we would have HTML copies of the docs?

Thoughts?

--
Mark Mitchell                   address@hidden
--- Begin Message --- Subject: processing .fm materials Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:48:52 -0800

It appears that the majority of the content under r2/doc is in a .fm file
format.  I presume this is framemaker.  These files are not a text format,
so I'm not able to access this content.

Any idea how I can get at this material in human form?

Allan

--- End Message ---