RE: [pooma-dev] Patch: Test Files

From: Julian C. Cummings
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] Patch: Test Files
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:06:47 -0800

Jeffrey,

I'm a bit concerned about your changes to
prepend std:: to uses of iostream.  Jim
raised the point that this may not yet be
supported by all compilers in use.  Also,
this sort of change needs to be done in a
universal way across the entire Pooma code
base.  Finally, as Jim noted, it might be
better to go with specific using declarations
at the top of .cpp files, rather than writing
std:: everywhere.  Did you ever address these
points that Jim raised?  I tend to agree with
him on these things.

Julian C.