Re: [pooma-dev] Patch: Test Files

From: Jeffrey Oldham
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Patch: Test Files
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:07:15 -0800

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 09:06:47AM -0800, Julian C. Cummings wrote:
> Jeffrey,
>
> I'm a bit concerned about your changes to
> prepend std:: to uses of iostream.  Jim
> raised the point that this may not yet be
> supported by all compilers in use.  Also,
> this sort of change needs to be done in a
> universal way across the entire Pooma code
> base.  Finally, as Jim noted, it might be
> better to go with specific using declarations
> at the top of .cpp files, rather than writing
> std:: everywhere.  Did you ever address these
> points that Jim raised?  I tend to agree with
> him on these things.

That was a mistake.  I just reversed the changes to
Domain/NewDomain/Constructors/NewDomainConstructor.cpp and
Domain/Range/Constructors/RangeConstructor.cpp.  I am just going to
let the other changes drop.  They are not important right now,
especially considering the uncertainty whether any of the test code is
important.

Note the attached patch was _reversed_.

Sorry,
Jeffrey D. Oldham