Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: Reorder Initializers (2 of 3)

From: Scott Haney
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] RFA: Reorder Initializers (2 of 3)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:18:59 -0700

On Wednesday, March 28, 2001, at 04:39 PM, Jeffrey Oldham wrote:

The large patch I sent out yesterday was too complicated.  Thus, I
have split it into five pieces:

1) Add typenames.
2) Reorder constructor initializers.    <-- this patch
3) Other changes.
4) Preprocessor changes. (withdrawn)
5) Changes to deprecated directories. (withdrawn)

I withdraw the large patch.  (I cut the large patch apart by hand so
small typos may be present.)

Scott Haney indicated he wants to review these changes.

I don't have a problem with reordering the ctor initializers to match the ordering in the class. This strikes me as good style, but I am a little concerned if GCC requires this. I didn't think the standard did.

Like Jim, I do have a problem with adding base default base class initializers. I thought the compiler was supposed to do this implicitly. Is this a stylistic change or a GCC-required change or is this required by the standard?

Scott