RE: [pooma-dev] Re: Ref counting

From: James Crotinger
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] Re: Ref counting
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:35:55 -0600

Something else is wrong. Array and Field are just wrappers around ref-counted engines. Thus there should be no problem doing something like:

   Array<1> foo()
   {
        Array<1> retval(10,10);
        retval = 3;
        return retval;
   }

Memory could be getting stepped on, or he might be returning a reference instead of a value.

        Jim