Re: Compiling with gcc3

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Re: Compiling with gcc3
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:16:51 -0700

--On Friday, April 19, 2002 11:31:48 AM +0200 Richard Guenther <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi!

I'm in the process to become familiar with POOMA and discovered
the r2 "version". Is CVS HEAD ok to start development on, or
should I stay with 2.3.0? I'm currently using cheetah-1.1.4
rather than the suggested 1.0.1 version - is this still
recommended?

The CVS HEAD should be fine.  I don't know about which Cheetah
version is most appropriate.

As far as I know, there's not yet any optimization option to G++
which makes it perform as fast as C code on most of the benchmarks.
I would suggest *not* using -O3; it generally actually makes code
with heavy use of inlining slower than -O2.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell                   address@hidden