Re: [pooma-dev] Some special needs for Lattice Gauge Theory

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Some special needs for Lattice Gauge Theory
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:58:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Norbert Nemec wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 12:00:11PM +0200, Richard Guenther wrote:
> > On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Norbert Nemec wrote:
> > > The things I need are:
> > > * 4 dimensional fields in euclidean space-time (I assume that's just gonna
> > >   be some copy-and-paste work)
> >
> > This should be supported by POOMA already.
>
> In 2.4.0, fields are limited to 3 dimensions. Necessary changes are spread
> over
> a number of spots in the sources.

Oh - didnt notice that. But its probably only missing 4 argument methods
and classes for the views, the engines seem to support up to 7d. And maybe
4d centering support.

> > > * some kind of stencils with more than one input field (to allow the use
> > > of
> > >   per-site-RNG within the stencil)
> >
> > You mean a stencil that has an operator() like
> >
> >   A& operator()(const B&, const C&) const;
> >
> > this would be useful for me, too. It seems the FieldStencil(Simple) needs
> > some work - at least in documentation.
>
> Well, yes, documentation is somewhat minimalistic in some areas, but that's
> ok.
> I have no idea how much time I'm can spend on that. I know that many of my
> own troubles
> would have been solved by adequate documentation, but since I'm not a very
> literate
> programmer myself I'm not in the position to criticise...
>
> > But multi-input stencils are possible.
>
> ??? Could you give details on that? What do you mean with "multi-input" if
> not one
> with an "A& operator()(const B&, const C&) const;" ?

I just meant it is certainly possible to implement multi-input stencils
(like the prototype above) - they're not supported at the moment, though.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <address@hidden>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/