Re: [pooma-dev] SMARTS compile problems (again)

From: Tarjei Knapstad
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] SMARTS compile problems (again)
Date: 12 Dec 2002 11:26:39 +0100

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 13:03, Richard Guenther wrote:
> On 11 Dec 2002, Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I wanted to try POOMA today, and compile it together with SMARTS to be
> > able to run in parallel using threads on a Mosix cluster. However,
> > SMARTS 1.2 fails miserably to compile on my distribution (RH 8.0 using
> > gcc3.2), and after about half an hour of trying to patch things up I
> > finally gave in. I found a suggestion for a fix over at the pooma-dev
> > mailing list at CodeSourcery but this did nothing to remedy the problem
> > (au contraire).
>
> You may need to investigate which symbol you need to define to prevent
> your libc/gcc pthread headers being included. The exact symbol name
> (was _BITS_PTHREADTYPES_H for gcc-3.0.3 and glibc-2.2.2) may vary.

Well, this is in fact the include guard in my bits/pthreadtypes.h, but
defining the include guard and omitting this file results in more
trouble like:

/usr/include/wchar.h:164: non-local function `int wcscasecmp_l(const
wchar_t*,
   const wchar_t*, __gthread_mutex_unlock(void**)::__locale_struct*)'
uses
   local type `__gthread_mutex_unlock(void**)::__locale_struct'

So I tried omitting the ghtread stuff as well using
-D_GLIBCPP_GCC_GTHR_POSIX_H which gets rid of the above type of errors,
but results in:

/usr/include/c++/3.2/bits/stl_threads.h:86: `__gthread_mutex_lock'
undeclared

My final attempt thus being to avoid this header as well,
-D__SGI_STL_INTERNAL_THREADS_H:

/usr/include/c++/3.2/bits/stl_alloc.h:574: `__threads' was not declared
in this scope

Now, I can hardly force stl_alloc.h out of the way with any success :)

If anyone can provide me with any further clues (or if someone
'thread-savvy' with a RH 8.0 box could have a stab at this) I'd be
greatful.

Cheers,
--
Tarjei