Re: [pooma-dev] Re: pooma-dev Digest 23 Jun 2003 12:57:44 -0000 Issue 24

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Re: pooma-dev Digest 23 Jun 2003 12:57:44 -0000 Issue 243
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:55:09 +0200 (CEST)

On 23 Jun 2003, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> Richard --
>
> I think it would be great to overhaul the POOMA build system to use
> autoconf and more traditional makefiles.  There is no real harm if we
> break things on a few platforms; they can get put back together.
>
> I think it's even OK to assume GNU Make if that makes things simpler.

Even if we break application Makefiles that include the installed pooma
suite files with its rules? I'd like to go the full way or not at all
here, if possible. And vpath builds (require gmake) would make the
POOMASUITE stuff go away.

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>