Re: [pooma-dev] Re: pooma-dev Digest 23 Jun 2003 12:57:44 -0000 Issue 24

From: Mark Mitchell
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Re: pooma-dev Digest 23 Jun 2003 12:57:44 -0000 Issue 243
Date: 23 Jun 2003 08:23:12 -0700

On Mon, 2003-06-23 at 07:55, Richard Guenther wrote:
> On 23 Jun 2003, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>
> > Richard --
> >
> > I think it would be great to overhaul the POOMA build system to use
> > autoconf and more traditional makefiles.  There is no real harm if we
> > break things on a few platforms; they can get put back together.
> >
> > I think it's even OK to assume GNU Make if that makes things simpler.
>
> Even if we break application Makefiles that include the installed pooma
> suite files with its rules?

Yes, I think it's OK if we break old application Makefiles.

We will of course need to fix the documentation when we do that.

We don't have time to do this work internally, but if it were something
that you wanted to work on, I'd be supportive.  We should also see what
Jeffrey has to say on the topic.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC