Re: [pooma-dev] ?

From: Jeffrey D. Oldham
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] ?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:02:49 -0700

Roman Krylov wrote:

Hi!
I had some questions when I read pooma tutorials. Now as this mailing list do exist I'll ask one of them.

http://www.zib.de/benger/pooma/tut-01.html#laplace

Laplace's equation in two dimensions is:
/d^2 V/dx^2 + d^2 V/dy^2 = 0 /

where /V/ is, for example, the electric potential in a flat metal sheet.

How a flat metal(perfect conductor as I suppose) sheet could have a _potential distribution_? It has only the charge distribution, but the electric potential is constant on the conducting surface in (quasi)static case.

Cheers,
    Roman.

Would this text be more acceptable:
"... where V is, for example, the electric potential of a charge-free flat metal sheet"?

--
Jeffrey D. Oldham
address@hidden