[FR-devel] RE: Backend Debouch - mswin threading fix

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [FR-devel] RE: Backend Debouch - mswin threading fix
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:41:34 +0200

NISHIO Mizuho wrote:
At Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:59:00 -0700,
Curt Hibbs wrote:

I'm having a very difficult time finding the FOX/Ruby threading bug, and
that is making much more anxious to find a replacement than I would be
otherwise.

It seems that the threading bug on mswin is fixed.
The patch is submitted to ruby-win32(Japanese ML for windows ruby-users),
and is merged in Ruby CVS repository.

I don't know the detail of this patch. But, this bug occurs not only with FOX but also other libraries. If you are interested in this patch, please contact the author of it.

The author's mail address is address@hidden .

Ouaah! This is really good news and it's a good to have a japanese speaking person on our mailing list.

Curt will you take care of applying this patch ? After you announced you were about to give up on chasing the bug I was really doubting of our FOX choice for FreeRIDE. Until GUTOPIA and the wxWindows binding are working fine I still think this is the best platform.

And please keep some time at least to test my development on FreeRIDE because I'm feeling alone sometimes...

wxWindows would be better because it works the 2.3 version is now working on Mac OS X and as you probaly know Ruby is shipped by Apple on the Mac OS X 10.2 CD ROM !

Let's say that in 12 months from now when wxWindows 2.4 is out and the Ruby binding is rock solid will release a second version of FreeRIDE.

Laurent