RE: [FR-devel] RE: Backend Debouch - mswin threading fix

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] RE: Backend Debouch - mswin threading fix
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:28:05 -0700

Laurent Julliard wrote:

> Curt will you take care of applying this patch ? After you announced you
> were about to give up on chasing the bug I was really doubting of our
> FOX choice for FreeRIDE. Until GUTOPIA and the wxWindows binding are
> working fine I still think this is the best platform.

According to Nishio, the patch is already integrated into CVS. This means it
might be in Andy's most recent 1.7.2 build for Windows. I'm going to check
this first, and if that doesn't work get the latest Ruby CVS source. If that
works, then I'll try to get Andy to do another build because I would prefer
Windows user be able to just install Ruby and not have to build it.

> And please keep some time at least to test my development on FreeRIDE
> because I'm feeling alone sometimes...

I can't wait!

> wxWindows would be better because it works the 2.3 version is now
> working on Mac OS X and as you probaly know Ruby is shipped by Apple on
> the Mac OS X 10.2 CD ROM !
>
> Let's say that in 12 months from now when wxWindows 2.4 is out and the
> Ruby binding is rock solid will release a second version of FreeRIDE.
>
> Laurent

And wxWindows also has I18N support.

Curt