Re: [FR-devel] Re: FreeRIDE Lives!

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Re: FreeRIDE Lives!
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 22:03:48 +0200

Curt Hibbs wrote:
Bob Calco wrote:

Everybody:

I am eager to open up wxRuby project to promote its actual implementation. I keep planning on working on it, but family, job and other distractions constantly compete - and win - for my attention.

Yeah, I've got the very same problem!  :-(

Me too... Sounds like it is a constant.

So - by all means, I've already got a wxRuby project at sourceforge and savannah, let's do the wxWindows thang. I'll add anybody/everybody from FreeRIDE who wants to participate in SWIGging wxWindows into Ruby ASAP, even if I personally cannot contribute as much time as I would like to the effort.

Let's use the savannah one since freeride is already there.

Yep! And I do have a good knowledge of Savannah so at least I can help in this respect for wxRuby

PS: by the way I had a quick look at Ruby/DL and it looks really cool! I just wonder how slower it is compared to a compiled approach (a la SWIG for instance)