RE: [FR-devel] Troubles running FR on Win32

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Troubles running FR on Win32
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:45:48 -0700

Laurent Julliard wrote:

> That's interesting because you don't have the load error that I have
> on Win2k. And it looks like on your platofrm it find the required
> debuggee.rb file.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I started FreeRIDE from a cmd
window by typing "run" to execute "run.bat".

As I suggested earlier, perhaps your win2k problem has something to do with
the current working directory not being what you expect. Perhaps you could
retrieved and dump the CWD just before trying to invoke debugge.rb to see.

> What you should see next is the first line of your hello.rb file
> highlighted in yellow in the editpane but it looks like it freezes
> before that. I have to solve this -r problem before I can further
> debugon Windows.
>
> By the way, do you use Rich FreeRUBY.zip file or is it your own Ruby
> installation?

I had installed Andy's older 1.7.2, and then unzipped Rich's FreeRUBY.zip
build on top of it.

Curt