Re: [FR-devel] Source Browser [was Editor API?]

From: NISHIO Mizuho
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] Source Browser [was Editor API?]
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 00:38:23 +0900

At Thu, 5 Sep 2002 06:54:13 -0700,
Curt Hibbs wrote:
> > > As I said to Rich a few days ago and I re-iterate my view here (And
> > > Curt is ok with me) we need to implement the source code browser
> > > plugin and I'm not sure anybody is working on it. Not only is it an
> > > interesting part of the project bu it will also allow you to
> > > experiment with the current Scintilla API and then you can decide if
> > > another layer must be added on top of it and what it should look like.
> >
> > I'm OK with that, but I know nothing about this sub-project.
> >
> > I thought Nishio Mizuho (sp?) had a class browser that was
> > going to be integrated into FR?
>
> Yes, this is exactly what we're talking about -- making Nishio's source
> browser into FreeRIDE. If you are willing to have a go at it, this is
> probably the most important thing that still needs to be done. I copied a
> relevant posting from Nishio below.
I have some problems when I develop my source plugin.

1) Ruby version
My plugin depends on ripper(Ruby script parser).

http://i.loveruby.net/archive/ripper/ripper-0.0.5.tar.gz

If we adopt Ruby-1.7.x, ripper can't be compiled.
(though the modification for ripper may not be large
in order to works with Ruby-1.7.x.)

2) FreeBase Slot ['/system/ui/current/EditPane']
This slot doesn't work.
When I show the content of this slot with DataBusInspector,
the DataBusInspector window doesn't respond to my action.

3) real-time analysis
The current version of the source browser parses
ruby script if the "update" command is executed.

It may be possible to synchronize the source with
the source browser automatically. But, to achieve this,
the Editor pane creation event and the Editor pane change event
must be hooked. I hope Editor API discussion solves this problem.

NISHIO Mizuho
e-mail : address@hidden