[FR-devel] FreeRIDE Documentation & Wiki

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE Documentation & Wiki
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 06:45:14 -0700

I have started to write the help documentation for the first release of FreeRIDE. I have made a few decisions that you may want to comment on.

I want the "original source" to be pages in the FreeRIDE wiki. I think this makes sense because this is the easiest way to allow anyone to make quick contributions (or not-so-quick contributions). When we make an official release of FreeRIDE, we will extract an HTML version of the docs from the wiki that can then be invoked locally from FreeRIDE's help menu. This extracted HTML snapshot would be checked in to CVS as part of the release.

Also, I want redesign the home page of the FreeRIDE wiki to be more effective. I'm going to look at the home pages of other open source projects to find some really good examples to copy. If you have any suggestions, or know of any other open source home  pages that are really well done, please let me know.

Curt