[FR-devel] As posted to ruby-talk - FYI: Can't attend RubyConf

From: Hal E. Fulton
Subject: [FR-devel] As posted to ruby-talk - FYI: Can't attend RubyConf
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:41:06 -0500

I am an enthusiastic supporter of Ruby
and a big believer in the Ruby Conference.
I was there last year, and the synergy was
amazing.

I was trying to get my finances in order
so that I could go this time... but things
just keep piling up.

As some of you know from offlist, I have
not had a "real" job for 14 months now.
That's supposed to change in a week or so,
but it's rather too late.

I salute those of you who attend this year,
and I promise I will be there in spirit.

Would have been good to see Dave, Andy, Matz,
David, et al., again. Would have been great
seeing FreeRIDE debut. I was eagerly looking
forward to all the talks. (Except my own.)

Someone please take a video camera with you.
And please make the talks available online
somewhere if possible.

Cheers,
Hal