[FR-devel] FreeRIDE Status

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE Status
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 07:39:40 -0800

Chris wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering what was the story with FreeRIDE?  About a month ago there
> was a lot of talk about it, but I haven't heard much since.  Is there
> somewhere I can download it, or has it still not been released?
> If not, is
> there a timeframe for its (unofficial, of course :) release date?
>
> Anxiously looking forward to it (and very much appreciatively),
>
> Chris

Thanks for your interest (and your patience!). I'm going to cross-post this
to the ruby ML to help keep everyone informed.

We haven't yet made an official release. We've been fixing a few
show-stopper problems, cleaning up the code, and writing documentation. Work
and family always seem to take priority, as well, so it has been taking
longer that we wanted. Our updated release task list is at:

        http://www.rubyide.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Release_0.5.0_Tasks

FreeRIDE runs pretty well (although we haven't yet done any extensive QA
style testing), and if you are really anxious you can always get the latest
from CVS at:

        http://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=freeride

The debugger doesn't work under Windows right now, but I believe it is
working under Linux (Rich, am I right about this?).

Finally, if you subscribe to the FreeRIDE announce mailing list, you'll be
among the first to know when the official release is available:

        http://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/?group=freeride

Regards,
Curt