[FR-devel] Introduction

From: Bruce Williams
Subject: [FR-devel] Introduction
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:18:37 -0500

Hello all,

As I'm told is traditional, this, my initial post on the list, will be to
introduce myself.

My name is Bruce Williams and I've been involved the Ruby community for about
2 years.  I live in the Southeastern US (Georgia)-- a place I'd like to
vacate as soon as possible to move back to my native home of Las Vegas.

Past experience in programming includes Python, PHP (if you call that a real
language), and Perl (plus some erlang and Haskell).

I've been watching FreeRIDE development on-and-off over the last year-- and
have found it extremely interesting-- I'm really intrigued with the creative
ideas that I've seen pop up, and was moved by Curt's recent ruby-talk post to
contribute.  I think this project definitely has somewhere to go, and I'd
like to be a part of it in any way I can.

My strengths probably lie in technical writing, graphic design-- and, of
course, programming.  I am fully open to any request for assistance in any
facet of the FreeRIDE project.  I am currently reviewing the documentation
and other resources located on the Wiki, but would be happy to assist you in
any ongoing effort as I get up to speed.  No task is too small, no task too
large-- as long as you don't mind answering a lot of questions ;)

Thanks for the soapbox!

~ Bruce

PS- I'm especially interested in Internationalization issues, most notably
BiDi (due to the fact I'm fluent in Arabic).  I'm glad to see a page on the
wiki for I18N issues; who's currently leading this effort?

--
Bruce R. Williams :: [iusris/#ruby-lang] :: http://www.codedbliss.com

  'It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
  tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.'
  -- Samuel Adams