RE: [FR-devel] Introduction

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Introduction
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:10:27 -0800

Marco Frailis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't want to stop the tradition, so I will briefly introduce myself.
>
> My name is Marco Frailis and I'm a PhD student (in computer science) at
> the University of Udine (Italy). I am involved in the Glast
> project(http://www-glast.stanford.edu/) and I have collaborated to the
> development of an Event Display for Glast, written in c++ and enbedding
> ruby (http://www.fisica.uniud.it/~riccardo/research/fred/). I have also
> used FXRuby to develop a gui for a package manager (CMT) on Linux.
> (http://www.fisica.uniud.it/~frailis/vcmt/vcmt.htm).
>
> I found your mailing list some days ago doing a search on thread problems
> in FXRuby. I'm trying to embed FXIrb in our Event Display but it has
> problems on Windows so I'm trying to find what's wrong.
>
> P.S.: I was using emacs to write ruby scripts, but yesterday I downloaded
> FreeRide and now I'm using it. It's great.

Welcome! I'm glad you decided to join us.

If you are actually using FreeRIDE for your work, remember that we haven't
yet had a thorough test cycle. So, please take extra precautions to avoid
data loss (save often!).

On your FXRuby problem, I would suggest making a detailed post to the
ruby-talk mailing list. Lyle Johnson (the creator of FXRuby) and others on
the list are very good about helping.

Curt