RE: [FR-devel] Input requested on plugin directory naming.

From: Bob Calco
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Input requested on plugin directory naming.
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:02:13 -0500

I vote "Aye" - mainly because it makes a lot more sense than the current way
plugins are included. I have been holding back from checking in some stuff
(mostly my Maestro remote execution plug-in) in the the hopes that this
might happen soon (Rich tipped me off to this idea a couple weeks back) and
I can check it into the new regime.

Might we also not reconsider how we handle "required" software - perhaps
make each required package interface through a plug-in rather than by
supplying a 'redist' dir that could eventually may become an entire
distribution of ruby? Either that or simply require the freeruby distro with
the redist software already in it, like Prego, and be done with the 'redist'
directory/problem altogether? in this case a 'freeride.bat' in the
freeruby/bin directory by default would be a nice touch, too.

Sincerely,

Bob Calco