Re: [FR-devel] problen running fresh freeeride cvs on windows

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] problen running fresh freeeride cvs on windows
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 09:41:17 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
sorry for posting from an unregistered mail, but my usual mbox (address@hidden)
seems dead today.
Anyway, I just tried to run the latest cvs with the PragProg installer on
winxp, and it gives me this error:
H:/Documents and Settings/PieroR/Desktop/freeride/redist/rexml/doctype.rb:153: w
arning: regexp has `]' without escape
src/emitter.rb:404: warning: character class has `[' without escape
freeride.rb:71:in `startup': Could not locate directory H:/Documents and Setting
s/PieroR/Desktop/freeride/H:/Documents and Settings/PieroR/Desktop/freeride/conf
ig (RuntimeError)
        from freeride.rb:92
Ok, the warnings are nothing useful, but it seems the check dir[0..0] != File::SEPARATOR
won't ever work on windows, cause / == DriveName (A,B,C,D and so on)
wont'evre be true.
Anyway, removing all the File.join(File.dirname(File.expand_path($0)),
"config"), and leaving just configDir='config' works. why do we need an
absolute path?

I have just committed a change to generalize the test on file path to determine whether they are absolute or rleative and it should work on WIndows as well now. Would you update your working copy and let me know if it works ok.

All this extrac ode is necessary top allow the FR code to be installed at any place and run ok with out any assumption of what the current working directory is. I know it makes the code more complex though....

Btw, the src/replace stuff is great!
see ya

Thanks! I Like it too... And I even use it!

Laurent

--
Laurent JULLIARD - Xerox Global Services - XDD-G Manager
Tel: +33 (0)4 76 61 50 48 - Fax: +33 (0)4 76 61 51 99