Re: [FR-devel] "patch" for freeride + mingw problem

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] "patch" for freeride + mingw problem
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:32:45 +0200

address@hidden (address@hidden) wrote:

> So it sounds like, for your case, it couldn't see "png.h" in any obvious
> places. If you don't have libpng installed, well, install it! ;) If you *do*
> have libpng installed, I think there are probably some kind of options to
> let you tell the configure script where to find it. Check the INSTALL file
> in the top-level directory of the FOX source code distribution, or maybe
> post a follow-up question to the foxgui-users mailing list. Sorry that I
> don't have a lot of (recent) experience with building it under MinGW...

Yes, that was it!

I hoped compiling wxwindows would install missing libraries and I had problems
compiling those.

At the end I grabbed png library from gnuwin32 and re-installed everything from
the scratch.

Now everything is fine although there was problem linking jpeg & tiff
libraries with FOX, so I ended up with just png support. (it took some time to
compile everything on my Celeron P566 and under MinGW & MSYS running on Win98
under Win4Lin :-)

At least, I'm happy to know that there is no bug in FreeRIDE code regards.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour