Re: [FR-devel] "patch" for freeride + mingw problem

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [FR-devel] "patch" for freeride + mingw problem
Date: 16 Jul 2003 16:17:27 -0000

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:35:16 +0200, Gour <address@hidden> wrote :

> address@hidden (address@hidden) wrote:
>

> > This indicates that your FOX library (the one that FXRuby is linked against)
> > was built without PNG support.
> >
> True. I just tried imageviewer app and when I tried to load *.png icon I got
> message: unsupported  type: png.
>
> Let me see how to fix this one :-)

When you run the "configure" script to build FOX, it should look in some
standard places (e.g. /usr/include and /usr/local/include) to see if it can
find the "png.h" header file. If it finds that, it assumes that libpng is
installed and automatically turns on PNG support for the FOX library build.
If it doesn't find that header file, obviously, it can't build-in PNG support.

So it sounds like, for your case, it couldn't see "png.h" in any obvious
places. If you don't have libpng installed, well, install it! ;) If you *do*
have libpng installed, I think there are probably some kind of options to
let you tell the configure script where to find it. Check the INSTALL file
in the top-level directory of the FOX source code distribution, or maybe
post a follow-up question to the foxgui-users mailing list. Sorry that I
don't have a lot of (recent) experience with building it under MinGW...