freeride-users

Re: [FR-users] Icons Not Displaying

From: Gordon Guthrie
Subject: Re: [FR-users] Icons Not Displaying
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 23:53:17 +0000

Laurent wrote:

To see if it's a FreeRIDE problem or a FOX/FXRuby problem I suggest the following: run the imageviewer.rb file provided in the examples subdirectory of the FXRuby source code and try and load a PNG file of your own with it, then a PNG file from the FR icons and let me know if it works.

When I do that I get the following:

bulbasaur:/home/gordon# ruby /usr/src/packages/SOURCES/FXRuby-1.0.16/examples/imageviewer.rb
Xlib: No protocol specified

FXRbApp::openDisplay: unable to open display :0.0
bulbasaur:/home/gordon#

I think this is probably a XFree issue, I can't run Freeride from within a terminal either, but I can get FreeRide up by using the Run option (Under KDE 3.1). When I run imageviewer from the Run option it opens a terminal and wigs out before I can see what the message is...

Gordon

MSN Messenger - fast, easy and FREE! http://messenger.msn.co.uk