Re: [freesci-develop] Building Glutton on VC 6

From: Chris Kennedy
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Building Glutton on VC 6
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 18:00:57 -0500

I have honestly lost count of how many times I have explained what to do
to et this compiling.

The reason I keep bringing it up (because it is always me - haha) is because nobody has bothered to fix it. If it is fixed, then you won't have to answer this question so much. :)

Could we have a seperate Glutton VS6 project file?

Yes, you have to remove the savegame and sound files
and add some new sound files.  If you read the compiler errors, they tell
what to do. I figured this stuff out on my own by reading the VC++ help on
the compile errors in question. Please do the same, even if you have no
coding experience. If you don't have coding experience, your usage of
glutton will not be very fruitful anyways, in my opinion.

Did support drop for the win32 port? I remember someone leaving.

In the meantime, VC++ 2003 projects for glutton are now in CVS and can be
used as a reference if you still have trouble for some reason. I d on't
have VC++ 6 installed, nor do I plan to do any further work in that
version unless absolutely necessary.

Excellent. I am planning on moving to 2003 pretty soon.

Instant message during games with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com