[freesci-develop] cvs: skovmanden

From: FreeSCI CVS repository
Subject: [freesci-develop] cvs: skovmanden
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 22:06:23 +0200

CVSROOT:        /var/cvs/freesci
Module name:    freesci
Changes by:     skovmanden      2005/09/15 20:06:23 GMT

Modified files:
        .              : Tag: glutton ChangeLog
        src/engine     : Tag: glutton kgraphics.c kmenu.c
        src/gfx/resource: Tag: glutton sci_resmgr.c
        src/include    : Tag: glutton engine.h sciresource.h
        src/scicore    : Tag: glutton resource.c resource_map.c script.c
                         vocab_debug.c

Log message:
(a) Special-case Jones256/win by adding a new resource version number
specifically intended for it.
(b) Improve palette support.

(a) unfortunately disrupts the version number scheme we have been
using for ages now. Games that used to run with -r5 now need -r6. That
means, if you've got these games in your config file, you need to
update it accordingly. But then again, I might be the only one who
have tested SCI1 games extensively :)

Jones256/win (Matt calls it JonesCD, probably a better term) and
Jones256 now both run, with quite different cmd-line arguments:

Jones256: -V1.000.174 -r3
Jones256/win: -V1.000.510 -r4

Jones256/win still exhibits the too-fast-machine syndrome, resulting
in a NULL send on startup ('snk DoBresen' twice followed by 'go' in
the debugger fixes it); Jones256 does not do this.

Lars