freetalk-dev

[Freetalk-dev] Intricacies of GTalk.

From: Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray
Subject: [Freetalk-dev] Intricacies of GTalk.
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 19:07:24 +0000

(define (domain->server domain)
 (cond ((string=? domain "gmail.com") "talk.google.com")
       ((string=? domain "google.com") "talk.google.com")
       (else domain)))

The above lines in extensions/connection.scm seem to be replacing
"gmail.com" by "talk.google.com". Why?

Moreover I have seen that to connect to GTalk in GAIM, you need to set
"gmail.com" as the server and "talk.google.com" as the connect server.
What is the difference?

I am asking since I was trying to use the XMPPpy
(http://xmpppy.sourceforge.net) to connect to GMail, and it was
failing at the SASL negotiation stage, although TLS was successfully
negotiated. I had given address@hidden/xyz as the JID and xxxxxxxx as
the password.

Any idea?

--
"India is not, as people keep calling it, an underdeveloped country,
but rather a developed nation in an advanced state of decay."