FT2: FT_Get_Glyph_Bitmap()

From: Jack Davis
Subject: FT2: FT_Get_Glyph_Bitmap()
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 11:46:24 -0800

Hi David/Werner,

The FreeType 2.0 Tutorial (freetype2/tutorial.html) makes reference to a
FT_Get_Glyph_Bitmap() function for bitmap rendering.  While this function is
defined in freetype.h, there does not appear to be any implementation in the
FT2 sources as yet (at least as of 2/17).  ftview.c shows using
FT_Load_Glyph(), FT_Translate_Outline() and FT_Get_Bitmap_Outline().

I assume that using FT_Load_Glyph(), FT_Translate_Outline() and
FT_Get_Bitmap_Outline() will still be a valid way to perform rendering.  Am I
correct to assume that FT_Get_Glyph_Bitmap() will simply be an embodiment of
FT_Load_Glyph(), FT_Translate_Outline() and FT_Get_Bitmap_Outline()?

Sorry for so many questions,
-Jack