Re: FT2 Mac support

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: FT2 Mac support
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 15:51:11 +0100

(folluwup on my own bogreport)
>Even after that fix I ws unable to attach an afm file: the stream->read
>method was NULL so I got an FT_Err_Invalid_Stream_Operation error within
>FT_Access_Frame().
>
>No idea how to fix that...

I found something:

Line 1387 in ftobjs.c reads:
        error = reader( face, stream );

but "reader" is T1_Read_AFM(), which is defined as

  T1_Read_AFM( stream, t1_face )

After reversing the arguments it still won't work (I'm getting a bogus kern
value), but now I also noticed that FT_Get_Char_Index() returns 0 for the
chars I feed it (which I'm sure are in the font...), so maybe I'm just to
early to play with this stuff...

David, can you tell me what is supposed to work and what not with the
current T1 driver? I'm not putting you under pressure, I'm just curious how
far I can go, and in how far I can help you debug at this stage.

Thanks!

Just