Re: FT2 design question

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: FT2 design question
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 01:26:18 +0100

At 10:48 PM +0000 29-02-2000, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>I've just read a headline about it...  Is the format patent-free?  Is
>it documented?  Is it freely available?

Probably not. I don't know. But that's not my point. There are better ways
to make smaller CJK fonts than MM, and *maybe* it's better to invest in a
new FT-specific font format than in an almost dead Adobe format. Once FT2
is stable, and once there is a good high level layout API, FT2 is a true
killer lib. Maybe it'll be so big it can afford to have it's own font
format...

Just