Re: message duplication

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: message duplication
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 16:30:55 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, David Turner wrote:

>   According to the server's log, the machine was a bit overloaded at
>   the time your message was forwaded, and qmail reports some weird
>   errors ("couldn't open shared library"). I guess that's why the
>   message got sent twice..

Yes, it is a likely explanation. Thank you for looking at it.

>   I'll try to see what I can do to prevent this in the future..

No need to rush to it, it is more an annoyance than a really serious
problem. Nevertheless, if I were you I would try limiting the number of
simultaneous connections the machine is willing to accept and/or increase
the total number of open files (and perhaps the amount of virtual memory
as well).

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."