Re: Problem with ftview on DEC Alpha (traced to t2gload.c)

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Problem with ftview on DEC Alpha (traced to t2gload.c)
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 12:07:16 +0200

Hi Tom,

Tom Kacvinsky a écrit :

> Attached is patch that fixes the problems I was having with
> OpenType/CFF fonts on a DEC Alpha.  I had originally noted that the
> problem with memory allocation started in ftsmooth.c, and it was
> because of the metrics gleaned from the control box.  I had thought
> that changing FT_Pos to a signed int instead of a signed long would
> fix the problem, but David hasn't answered me on whether he'll change
> the include files.
>
> Following his lead he set in several other places, the patch just uses
> some magic to get ints (and hence correct signs) where they are
> needed.
>
> I know I recently "fixed" a problem with the type1z module, but I
> can't recall if I had any problems with the plain old type1 parser.
> Anyway, I know what to look out for now.

Thanks a lot. Actually, I've just finished some clean-ups in the code
related to this problem. The types FT_Int32 and FT_UInt32 are now used
whenever there is a need to manage a 32-bits only quantity. I thus
removed all #ifdefs that used of SIZEOF_INT/SIZEOF_LONG in the source
code.

Other than that, I don't think we really need to make FT_Pos a 32-bit
quantity, just take care of what we're doing in the library. But
maybe this would ease the engine's maintenance ?

I also did some reformatting to avoid namespace conflicts
(like UNUSED-->FT_UNUSED, etc..)

Regards,

- David