Re: Problem with ftview on DEC Alpha (traced to t2gload.c)

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: Problem with ftview on DEC Alpha (traced to t2gload.c)
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 20:14:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Yes, I think that changing the various header/source files to use
FT_Int32 (FT_UInt32) for 32 bit quantitites, FT_Int16... for 16 bit
quantities would *definitely* ease library maintenence.  One could
then use autoconf magic on UNIX-like boxes to get the correct types.
For instance, on the DEC alphas I work with, FT_Int32 would be
"typedef signed int FT_Int32;", provided one has a freetypeh.in (or
some such) for autoconf to run sed on...

> Other than that, I don't think we really need to make FT_Pos a 32-bit
> quantity, just take care of what we're doing in the library. But
> maybe this would ease the engine's maintenance ?

Regards,

Tom