Re: failing fonts

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: failing fonts
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 11:39:40 -0400 (EDT)

The fixing of mminstance is to allow for parsing of "large" XUID
arrays.  The problem we are ssing with ftlint/ftview is a coredump
associated with the MM parser, related to the existence of some global
hinting information in /Private dictionary tucked away in the /Blend
dictionary.

I suspect the reason why the t1/z1 modules fail on an instance made by
mmintance is that mminstance does not remove *all* of the MM code.  It
simply comments them out.  I haven't checked carefully, but if those
modules don't parse out the comments, they might be fooled into
thinking the instance is an MM font (which it isn't anymore).

Tom