Q: Best way to make & maintain custom module list?

From: Henrik Gedenryd
Subject: Q: Best way to make & maintain custom module list?
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 10:09:16 +0200

Right now the definitions for what modules to include in the compiled
FreeType library are contained in ftmodule.h. If you for example want to
compile multiple versions of the library with different modules in them
(say, copyright-safe vs. full vs. small versions) this file needs to be
replaced for each version, or at least edited with a rather complex set of
flags that turn modules on/off.

It seems a little bit awkward to have to do this to a file so deep in the
source tree, so I wonder if there's a better way to do this? Otherwise I'd
suggest some kind of compile time-definable constant to control where to get
the module inclusion list, or something similar, for example:

#ifdef MODULES_CONFIG_FILE
    #include MODULES_CONFIG_FILE
#else
    <<list of all modules>>
#endif

inside ftmodule.h.

(I wouldn't mind a nicer name for the constant. )

In this way you wouldn't need to touch the source tree to compile a
different set of modules.

Henrik