Using FreeType in OpenGL: glft0.1

From: Bart De Lathouwer
Subject: Using FreeType in OpenGL: glft0.1
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:05:57 +0200

Hi all,

I've just hacked some code together to display text in an OpenGL
window based on FreeType 2 Release Candidate 8.

I assume my code still needs some major tuning, it seems to work.
(Could it be that FT RC 8 contains some funny features, like Bounding box
calculations, memory leaks, etc...)

The FreeType library I use is created using the project files posted by Claudia (Thanks BTW).
It should also work fine with the regular build.
I haven't tried on other platform that Win32.

Code and sample project can be found at: ftp://aigis.be/pub/glft-0.1.zip
(Build on a SGI VWS 540 using MS VC 6.0 SP 4)

Try running the code but with greater font size (> 64). It crashes when the application is closed.
I've ruffly checked my code, but couldn't find a memory leak. Maybe someone else can? (Or is
it FT RC 8 ?)

Regards from (rather warm but sunny) Belgium,

Bart De Lathouwer