Re: Courier-Oblique

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: Courier-Oblique
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:59:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi David,

Thanks.

I took a look at how FT_Load_Glyph is implemented, and saw that it uses the
autohint module (if one is available for for the current face's driver).

So, I was mistaken several times over this past weekend.  The problems weren't
in T1_Load_Glyph, nor with metrics handling.  The problems were elsewhere, as
you have noted.

Out of curiousity, wouldn't it be better to handle the hint calculations *after*
transform?  The reason why I ask is that in the case of obliquing, the vertical
hints might change position (though not width, etc...).  The horizontals hints
won't suffer from this, though.  Or are hints "attached" to points on the curve,
so that even if the points change position, the hints remain valid?

Regards,

Tom