Re: [Devel] #include hacks in freetype headers

From: Keith Packard
Subject: Re: [Devel] #include hacks in freetype headers
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:42:53 -0800

Around 0 o'clock on Feb 14, David Turner wrote:
> Frankly, I don't know of a lot of other projects of this size that try
> to be as portable as FreeType (granted its a lot easier when you don't
> need to access the hardware directly) :-)

I've certainly never seen projects that allow you to arbitrarily rearrange
the include file heirachy :-).  I can't imagine trying to do this with
XFree86.

> But the first form is what you have in the current FT2 sources
> (the FT_PUBLIC_FILE(..) thing was dropped a long time now). Do you
> still have problems with it ??

I don't believe I will; I didn't understand that the makedepend tool could
handle symbolic includes of any form; I went poking through the sources and
found some pleasant suprises.  It should handle your current form without
complaint.

Is there a plan for a 2.0.2 release at some point?  I'm shipping 2.0.1
with XFree86 and prefer to use labeled and tested releases instead of
top-of-tree.

address@hidden   XFree86 Core Team              SuSE, Inc.