Re: [Devel] python binding for freetype2?

From: Toby J Sargeant
Subject: Re: [Devel] python binding for freetype2?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 20:14:45 +1100

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 07:01:07PM +1100, Nathan Hurst wrote:
> Toby Sargeant (with insignificant help from me) wrote one at:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyft2/
>
> njh

I must say at the outset that the python bindings I've written are far from
polished. At some stage I intend to wrap the low level freetype interface
with high level python objects in order to make working with freetype
easier.

It's also worth mentioning that I really had two targets for this; firstly
to render glyphs to a PIL bitmap, and secondly to decompose glyph outlines
for use in Shockwave Flash files. While I've basically achieved both these
goals, there is the distinct possibility that there's missing functionality.

Having said that, I know of at least one place where it's being used
commercially without too many hassles.

Toby.